Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions? How about taking better care of your teeth? At Crossridge Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Babik knows how important it is to have a great smile!
Here are some helpful tips from Dr. Babik to help keep your great smile:
- Stay away from starch foods like chips and crackers- they can be just as bad for your teeth as sweets. If you must have sweets, drink water right afterwards, or brush your teeth shortly after eating!
- Drink plain tea without sugar. It helps cut down on plaque and cavities. We all like Southern Ice Tea, but it can be very harmful to your teeth!
- Brush after every meal or at least twice a day!
- Choose healthy foods like cheese and crunchy vegetables.
- Never use teeth to open things!
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Don’t smoke- and remember that coffee, tea, colas, and soya sauce can stain your teeth.
- If you can’t brush after every meal, try chewing on a piece of sugarless gum or biting into a carrot or apple.
- Go for brushes with soft nylon bristles.
10. Replace your brush about every three months.
11. Brushes with soft bristles clean as well as hard bristles.
12. Use a mouth guard if you play contact sports. Dr. Babik knows the importance of mouth guards, as Dr. Babik is the official dentist of The Richmond Raiders Indoor Football Team and The Richmond Kickers Soccer Team!
13. Always wear a seatbelt in your car-it can save your teeth in an accident.
14. Floss everyday!
15. See your dentist regularly.
So, if your New Years Resolution involves taking better care of your teeth, contact us today to make an appointment with Team Dr. Babik, and start your year off right!
Team Dr. Babik would love to hear from you!
Please share your New Years Resolutions!